Version 1.8.0 is bringing a long awaited feature: proper eBook support!
Github issue #221 has been opened for more than 3 years, and has finally been tackled.
What you need to know
- eBooks behave like any other book in Komga, in regards to series or metadata. You can even mix comic books and ebooks in the same series.
- only EPUB format is supported. Other formats will not be supported in the future.
- existing EPUB files will be re-analyzed. If you had image-only EPUB, those may not be compatible anymore with third-party clients.
- the web EPUB reader is a very first version, and does not support saving progress. Read progress saving and restore will come in a future release.
- any book in Komga can be read with WebPub compatible clients.
- There will be issues. EPUB is a complex format, and many EPUB files are not properly built. Raise issues on Github for support.
Other recent changes you may have missed
In case you haven't kept up with the release notes since version 1.0.0, here are the most significant changes:
- Komga is now available as a desktop app, and is available in the Microsoft Store
- Multiple settings are now configurable from the Server Settings screen. You may need to cleanup your configuration file and remove deprecated entries.
- Thumbnails size can now be configured in Server Settings.
- Background task management has been revamped, and now supports proper parallel executions (configurable in Server Settings).
- Komga now has support for One-Shots.
- a Command Line Interface was added to update forgotten password for the admin account.